Notices

Thread: koth extreme chop proposal week 13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by expertwitness View Post
    Option B would provide the winner with $4200 and no losers. That is 106 times your entry. You are just being blindly greedy at this point. Like the one guy said, it's the NFL and crazy things happens all the time.
    This year I spent $21,000 on Survivor Pool Entries. I routinely bet $5K on NFL sides. My reason for not wanting to chop does not involve blind greed. I have different teams available in multiple pools I'm in and want to maximize my chances of winning the largest payout possible. In this particular pool I think I have more EV than the remaining field. But that might not even be a factor as elsewhere I'm possibly willing to sacrifice small EV for a chance to continue to gamble all of these together in this format. I sympathize with those the money means more to, and I'll be happy for you if you win. But, I won't be chopping soon. A situation where I might consider is if in the final week each remaining player has the same biggest favorite available. Something like that i could be open to, but at this stage it is way too early for me to consider a chop.

You are just trying to justify your BS. This is a $40 entry and nobody cares about your $21,000 in pool entries. Nothing you said makes me think you are trying to maximize your payouts, you just think your better than everyone left and still have NE left so I guess you have a warm and fuzzy feeling about that. So to me, you sound like an out of control gambler or a blindly greedy. I'm done trying to chop with you, if you want to chop in the future you'll have to be the one asking.

Quote Originally Posted by PropPlayer View Post
    This year I spent $21,000 on Survivor Pool Entries. I routinely bet $5K on NFL sides. My reason for not wanting to chop does not involve blind greed. I have different teams available in multiple pools I'm in and want to maximize my chances of winning the largest payout possible. In this particular pool I think I have more EV than the remaining field. But that might not even be a factor as elsewhere I'm possibly willing to sacrifice small EV for a chance to continue to gamble all of these together in this format. I sympathize with those the money means more to, and I'll be happy for you if you win. But, I won't be chopping soon. A situation where I might consider is if in the final week each remaining player has the same biggest favorite available. Something like that i could be open to, but at this stage it is way too early for me to consider a chop.
    Last edited by expertwitness; 11-30-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: edit for tone haha

Quote Originally Posted by Droopdawg View Post
    I'm down with the agreement expertwitness. Count me in.
    Strength in numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Droopdawg View Post
    I'm down with the agreement expertwitness. Count me in.
    Anyone else? If you want to discuss strategy I can send my email to you in a private message.

I'm good with the separate agreement....how are we going to put together strategy?

Cool June Bug. I'll send you a PM.

I also have zero desire to chop at the moment when it's still a 30-way split. I have intentionally picked in a way not to get to week 13 but to maximize my chances of winning. GL to you guys if you work something out.

Hey Cole why don't you stick to the pool that you’re actually in lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by ColeMRob View Post
    I also have zero desire to chop at the moment when it's still a 30-way split. I have intentionally picked in a way not to get to week 13 but to maximize my chances of winning. GL to you guys if you work something out.
    Last edited by expertwitness; 12-04-2017 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Edit

Co Founder & COO of Zathras & Wubba's King of the Hill Zathras's Avatar
    Just a note on pool chops

We only officially recognize deals that involve all players' unanimous agreement.

You are certainly welcome to make any side agreements and deals between yourselves as you desire, but those will need to be executed between the parties involved- ie, we'll only pay out to the official winner(s).

Did the remaining ppl split the Money?